ARNA Member Benefit for ANCC Certification
Success Pays is a way to assist healthcare professionals in achieving certification while eliminating test-taking anxiety and financial barriers. Clinicians are given two opportunities to test for a certification specialty at a reduced rate of $260 and only pay if you pass. Certification renewals with ANCC are also available through ARNA at a reduced price of $250.
Applicants must first meet eligibility requirements and then can apply for any of the following certifications. This includes certification by exam, certification renewal, and the retired certified nurse recognition program.
Certification is a reflection of your knowledge, competence, and clinical judgment in your practice area.
Certification examinations are updated periodically to reflect current, evidence-based practice, and tests are evaluated to be psychometrically sound. When you pass the exam, or provide evidence that you are qualified to recertify, you are demonstrating that you are knowledgeable in your practice area and have demonstrated application of your knowledge in practice.
Certification increases your confidence.
Data from nurses around the country has shown that nurses who are certified perceive a higher level of confidence in their own knowledge and skills as well as their ability to mentor others.
Certification is a statement of your commitment to quality in your practice.
Being proactive in seeking this status is evidence that you value your work and are committed to being the best you can be.
Certification inspires confidence among your patients and your colleagues.
Many times, patients will ask nurses about the additional credentials on their name badges. When they become aware of the importance and value of certification, they often request to be cared for by nurses who have that certification. Colleagues often seek out certified nurses, because they trust that person’s knowledge and skills.
Certification opens the door for promotions and new opportunities in nursing.
Organizations often look for certified nurses to serve in leadership roles – from the bedside to the boardroom. In some cases, nurses who are certified have higher pay scales than those who do not hold certification.
Certification improves patient outcomes in many situations.
Numerous research studies in the past 5 years have shown a link between the number of certified nurses in a particular practice area and better outcomes for patients in those areas. For this reason, many employers are now encouraging and supporting nurses in achieving and maintaining certification.
“The ANCC Certification Program enables nurses to demonstrate their specialty expertise and validate their knowledge to employers and patients. Through targeted exams that incorporate the latest clinical practices, ANCC certification empowers nurses with pride and professional satisfaction” (https://www.nursingworld.org/certification/)
- Verify eligibility requirements to sit for the exam on the ANCC website.
- Complete the “Get Started” form below for an ANCC certification exam or to renew ANCC certification. You must be signed in to this site as an ARNA member.
- ARNA provides a confidential access code via email upon completion of the notification form to use to complete the online application for the certification exam of your choice. This access code is unique to you as an individual tester and may not be shared with others.
- Go to the ANCC certification page to complete the application for your specific test and use the code as directed on the page to create a “0” balance.
- ANCC verifies your application information and notifies you that you are eligible to sit for the certification exam.
- You must take the exam within 90 days of receiving your “Authorization to Test” from ANCC.
- Schedule your appointment at one of the many testing centers.
- Notify ARNA of your results, whether successful or unsuccessful. If you were not successful, you can re-test one time at NO CHARGE.
- When you pass the certification exam, ARNA will send an invoice for the full amount of $260.
- The fee must be paid within 30 days of the invoice.
- A $25 late fee will be assessed for any invoices not paid within the 30 days.If you do not pass there is no fee.
- ANCC is the world’s largest and most prestigious nurse credentialing organization by establishing a global presence and being recognized worldwide, applicants can test anywhere in the world.
- ANCC exams are developed and maintained at ANCC headquarters using volunteer subject matter experts.
- ANCC offers the option to test before degree is conferred, a free tracker to track your professional development, and exceptional and personalized customer service.
- Our certification renewal promotes advancement of the specialty for positive impact on patient care and practice. There are more than 8 options for renewing.
The mission of American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), a subsidiary of American Nurses Association (ANA), is to promote excellence in healthcare globally through credentialing programs.
ANCC is the only nurse credentialing organization to achieve International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) 9001:2015.
ANCC exams are developed and maintained at ANCC headquarters by volunteer subject matter experts.
Expedite review is available for a $200 fee.
Who is eligible for this certification benefit?
Why don’t I see the certification I want listed?
Why can’t I find a list with reduced pricing?
All certifications through this member benefit with ARNA will cost $260 if you pass. This web page will only have the standard pricing and ANA member direct pricing, but your price will still be $260. After you submit your request to ARNA using the form on arna.org/membership/success-pays/ we will verify your membership status and integrate you into the benefit system for the discount. After that, you will receive a unique discount code from ARNA that will bring your exam fee to $0 online when you apply, and then you’ll be invoiced directly from ARNA after you pass.
Why is the certification I want not listed? Why are the credentials different than what I’ve seen?
These eligible certifications are all offered through the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Certifications through specialty nursing organizations are not eligible for this program.
Success Pays® Inquiry Form
This contact form is available only for logged in users.
What Does Certification Mean to You?
Break through the barriers with Success Pays today!