- Coronavirus | Free COVID-19 Webinar Series | Nurses | ANA (nursingworld.org)
- ANA has a significant public-facing vaccine webpage – www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/…
- ANA’s Immunize page – www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/…
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs – www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/…
- Vaccine Webinar, plus Quick Videos – The State of COVID-19 Vaccine Development: What You Need to Know – www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/…
- Guiding Principles for Nurses and the COVID-19 Vaccines – www.nursingworld.org/~4a94ba/globalassets/covid19/…
- ANA’s official position statement, Immunizations – www.nursingworld.org/~4ad2e4/globalassets/docs/ana/…
- Survey Data – Pulse on the Nation’s Nurses COVID-19 Survey Series: COVID-19 Vaccine – www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/…
- New Survey of 13K U.S. Nurses: Findings Indicate Urgent Need to Educate Nurses about COVID-19 Vaccines (October 29) – www.nursingworld.org/news/news-releases/2020/…
- Press Releases
- American Nurses Association Underscores Nurses’ Role In Successful Mass Vaccination Campaigns: ‘Most Trusted’ Profession Key to Building Public Confidence (December 12) – www.nursingworld.org/news/news-releases/2020/…
- AMA, AHA, ANA issue open letter backing science-based COVID-19 vaccine development, urging public to remain vigilant until widespread vaccination (December 7) – www.nursingworld.org/news/news-releases/2020/…
- President Grant’s testimonial as a clinical trial participant – ‘Someone who looks like you’ (October 7) – news.unchealthcare.org/2020/10/…
ANA COVID-19 Video Education options – watch full webinars or Quick Videos:
In addition to free 60-minute webinars on COVID-19 important topics, ANA now offers the option of watching quick videos (5-15 minutes each) for those who prefer their education in quick bites. Registration is necessary to view the full webinars and can be done here. The Quick Videos are available for viewing immediately on the webpages.
Seven COVID-19 topics are ready for viewing of the full webinars or the Quick Videos. Click on the links below to visit our webpage on that topic.
- Effective Tools for Practicing Self-Compassion and Self Care in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Protect Yourself: Safe Use and Re-Use of PPE
- The State of COVID-19 Vaccine Development: What you Need to know
- COVID-19 Disease Progression and Nursing Intervention
- Mental Health Support
- Reducing COVID-19 Racial Disparities
See all the ANA COVID-19 Video Education topics here.
ANA launches COVID-19 vaccine info hub for nurses
The American Nurses Association, together with 19 other nursing and health care groups, has launched an educational resource called COVID Vaccine Facts for Nurses to provide COVID-19 vaccine information for nurses. “For nurses to be instrumental in administering COVID-19 vaccines, dispelling myths and getting vaccinated themselves, we must ensure that — no matter where they work — they have scientifically sound and accessible answers to both their own and patients’ questions,” ANA President Ernest Grant said.
Full Story: Nurse online
Visit the COVID Vaccine Facts for Nurses website for relevant, accurate and up-to-date information as well as expert perspectives about the safety, efficacy and importance of COVID-19 vaccines.
COVID-19 Vaccination Plan Arkansas Department of Health
Though the development of a COVID-19 vaccine has followed an accelerated timeline, safety has not been compromised. Vaccinations began in Arkansas shortly after authorization was granted for the initial vaccine. www.healthy.arkansas.gov
- COVID-19 in Arkansas (ACHI)
- A Regional Look at COVID-19 in Arkansas (ACHI)
- HHS Continues Community Based Testing Sites for COVID-19 | HHS.gov
- Here are the latest clinical considerations for mRNA COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Concerns about fertility, pregnancy, and lactation persist. Here is the Joint statement from ACOG, AWHONN, ACNM, ASRM along with the latest clinical guidance from ACOG.
- Sharing a useful side by side comparison of the Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Toolkit for Community-Based Organizations: Getting Started | CDC
Dedicated Website for HCPs and Vaccine Recipients
Information about Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine can be found by visiting https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua. Here you’ll find helpful information such as:
- Fact sheet, prescribing information, and important safety information,
- A tool to determine the expiration date of each lot of vaccine,
- Storage & handling requirements,
- Dosing & administration information, and more.
Moderna Call Center
The Moderna Call Center is available from 8am to 8pm EST, Monday through Friday and can be reached at 1-866-MODERNA (1-866-663-3762).
CDC’s Interim Clinical Consideration for Use of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/clinical-considerations.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fvaccines%2Fcovid-19%2Finfo-by-manufacturer%2Fpfizer%2Fclinical-considerations.html
CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Communication Toolkit (for Vaccine Confidence): https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-systems-communication-toolkit.html
Nurses survey (From the American Nurses Association): https://www.nursingworld.org/practice-policy/work-environment/health-safety/disaster-preparedness/coronavirus/what-you-need-to-know/covid-19-vaccine-survey/
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine information for HCPs and Patients: www.cvdvaccine.com
General Product Inquiries: 1-877-829-2619
Medical Information: www.pfizermedicalinformation.com or 1-800-438-1985
Shipment Support (US Trade Customer Service): 1-800-666-7248