To be eligible for the academic scholarship the applicant must:
- Hold an Arkansas Registered Nurse license in good standing
- Be a resident of Arkansas at the time of application.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.
The complete application packet must include:
- Completed official application form from Arkansas Nurses Foundation (ARNF)
- Cover letter stating need for the scholarship and intended use of funds (including a statement regarding other financial assistance, i.e., organizational scholarships, stipends, tuition waivers or reductions, etc.)
- Current resume (one page including education, work experience, achievements, and honors, if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation (one from current supervisor or faculty) including leadership qualities and academic ability of the applicant.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcript(s) from all nursing programs attended (in a sealed envelope with the Registrar’s signature or stamp on flap).
- Letter of acceptance into nursing degree program accredited by NLN CNEA, ACEN, or CCNE.
- The ARNF Scholarship application must be postmarked by June 30th of the application year. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure supporting documents are postmarked by the deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- Optional: Extracurricular activities (achievements, organization memberships, volunteer work)
Funds from the scholarship will be applied toward a Bachelor or advanced nursing degree in any NLN CNEA or CCNE accredited nursing program and will be sent to the institution you are attending.
Current Arkansas Nurses Association Officers and Arkansas Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees are ineligible to apply. The Arkansas Nurses Foundation reserves the right to make no award in any given year.
The ARNF Scholarship and Grant Committee will review and select the recipient(s). The final decision on the recipients will be based upon the completed application packet as outlined above. The ARNF Board of Trustees will determine the scholarship amount. The scholarship recipient will be recognized at the Arkansas Nurses Association Annual Meeting.
The Chairperson of the ARNF Board of Trustees will notify the Arkansas Community Foundation (organization that holds the ARNF scholarship account) of the names, institutions, and scholarship amounts as soon as the final decisions are completed by the Scholarship/Grant Committee and the ARNF Board.
The scholarship recipients are encouraged to attend/appear at the Arkansas Nurses Association (ARNA) Annual Meeting to be recognized.