Nursing Is the Heart of Healthcare
The Arkansas Nurses Foundation (ARNF) was established by nurses with great vision. Nurses are the heart of health care and serve patients and families. As a result of the many changes in health care delivery, nurses’ need for continued education is great. ARNF seeks to assist Arkansas Registered Nurses by providing funds to foster and promote their continual development in areas such as academic education and research endeavors through scholarships and grants. The Arkansas Nurses Foundation is affiliated with the Arkansas Community Foundation which is uniquely chartered to create and manage endowment and provide expertise to local foundations. The ultimate goal of the Arkansas Nurses Foundation is to enable professional nurses to provide quality health care services to the people of Arkansas.
ARNF Aims, Impact & Governance
Governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of six elected voting members and a non-voting appointed member. The Board members are volunteers proficient in the areas of health care, education, research, corporate and private donations and community needs. Together they work to fulfill the mission of the Foundation by providing financial assistance to Registered Nurses throughout the state of Arkansas in the areas of:
- Scholarships to continue undergraduate and graduate education in nursing to continue their education
- Grants for research in the areas of nursing and health care issues.
Arkansas Nurses Foundation Board of Directors
- Julia Ponder, DNP, FNP-C, AGACNP-BC, CEN – Board Chairman
- Brinda LeGrand, PhD, MSN, RN – Vice Chairman
- Shannon Roberts, RN – Secretary/Treasurer
- Patricia A. Cowan, PhD, RN, FAAN
- Kayla Beamon, MSN, RN, CPHQ, HACP-CMS
- Becky Parnell, PhD, APRN, ACNS-BC
- Shannon Roberts, RN, MSN